At our core is a practical and personal approach to design delivering value to our clients with a strong belief that good architecture should be accessible to all.
We tailor our service to our clients' needs & experience, simplifying the process for those appointing an Architect for the first time, and continuing to build relationships with our returning clients and consultants.
We offer a full design service from concept design, planning applications, building regulations, tender packages, and site monitoring.
As well as the services featured in our design process journey, we offer others such as Site Appraisals, Principle Designer Role, 3D Modeling, Sun-Path Analysis, Measured Surveys, and more.
Drawing on our experience of working in Kent, we have formed a diverse network of professionals whom we can recommend including structural engineers, landscape designers and contractors.
Valuing our clients time & money, we travel to you & ensure our services remain competitive.
JRD is a limited company and as a RIBA chartered Architect we are bound by a code of conduct and maintain professional indemnity insurance.
Believing that good design should be accessible to everyone, James established JRD in 2018 with the mission of providing a professional & affordable service helping people to achieve their dream home.
James is a RIBA Chartered Architect with experience of over 100 projects across the UK ranging from small extensions to luxury homes with a broad understanding of the design process from start to finish.
'Every project presents its own unique challenges giving us the task of identifying opportunities to create something engaging & distinctive. From the biggest challenges come the richest rewards'
Every project journey is unique with its own challenges and triumphs. Below is the process of our regular service;
- A Measured survey accurately plots the existing property in relation to its surroundings forming the basis of all future proposals.
- The Concept Design stage investigates the potential of a site evaluating the viability of proposals.
- Outline Planning offers an opportunity to discuss the proposal with a Planner prior to submitting a full application.
- Full Planning is the submission of an application & supporting documents to the Local Authority where we manage the process throughout until determination.
- Building Regulation is a technical drawing pack addressing how the building complies with Statutory Standards submitted to an approved inspector for approval.
- Tender Action & Analysis involves the identification of potential contractors, drafting of production information for formal tender, & analysis of tender returns to select a successful bid.
- Site Monitoring involves the inspection of progress & quality of works during the construction phase at regular intervals.
- 3D Visualisations offer an early opportunity to explore a design in greater definition, as well as looking at how sunlight affects a building during the course of the year through sun path analysis.
click to expand